Mayenne tourism and travel guide
Visit Mayenne: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Quite a small town, the highlight of a visit to Mayenne is the nearby walk along the banks of the river
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Mayenne. For detailed visitor information see the Mayenne travel guide.
Mayenne is situated in the Mayenne department and Pays de la Loire region, in the center of France at 28 kilometres from Laval, the department capital (general information: Mayenne is 226 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Mayenne include "town of art and history".
Mayenne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Mayenne in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Mayenne
Map of places to visit near Mayenne
Markets in and near Mayenne
Market days in Mayenne: weekly market: Saturday & Monday;
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (0km)
- Andouille: market Thursday (19km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (19km)
- Evron: market Thursday (23km)
- Ernee: market Tuesday (24km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (25km)
- Laval: market Tuesday & Saturday all day (28km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (32km)
- Port-Brillet: market Tuesday (34km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (37km)
More information about Mayenne, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Mayenne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mayenne.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Carrouges Chateau (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Normandie-Maine (36km)
- Parc et jardin de Clivoy (21km)
- Jardins de la Pellerine (32km)
- Jardins de la Massonnière (51km)
- Jardins du Mirail (55km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Source - Couesnon (33km)
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (41km)
- Étang de Haute-Vilaine (41km)
- Forêt de Fougères (42km)
- Forêt du Pertre (43km)
- Étang de Châtillon-en-Vendelais (43km)
- Étang de Paintourteau (44km)
- Étang de la Valière (47km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Loup-du-Gast (9km)
- Saint-Fraimbault (21km)
- Juvigne (32km)
- La Cropte (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Mayenne
from Laval (prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 226 km
from Calais: 344 km
from Nice: 795 km
from Bordeaux: 386 km
from Strasbourg: 617 km
Mayenne is in the center of France. Most visitors arrive here from the cross channel ports of Saint Malo and Caen, the jorney only taking a couple of hours. For driving distances to Mayenne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Aron, Belgeard, Contest, La Bazoge-Montpincon, Moulay, Oisseau, Parigne-sur-Braye, Saint-Baudelle, Saint-Fraimbault-de-Prieres and Saint-Georges-Buttavent.
This page in French: Visiter Mayenne