Marvejols tourism and travel guide
Visit Marvejols: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The quiet regional town of Marvejols has several interesting historic monuments to discover
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Marvejols. For detailed visitor information see the Marvejols travel guide.
Marvejols is situated in the Lozere department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 17 kilometres from Mende, the department capital (general information: Marvejols is 484 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Marvejols include "recommended detour".
Marvejols, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Marvejols in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Lozere
Map of places to visit near Marvejols
Markets in and near Marvejols
Market days in Marvejols: weekly market: Tuesday & Saturday;
- Marvejols: market Tuesday & Saturday (0km)
- Mende: market Saturday all day (17km)
- Sainte-Enimie: market Wednesday & Saturday (23km)
- Ispagnac: market Tuesday & Saturday (28km)
- Saint-Chely-d'Apcher: market Thursday (28km)
- Bagnols-les-Bains: market Thursday (30km)
- Severac-le-Chateau: market Thursday (31km)
- Chaudes-Aigues: market Thursday & Monday (41km)
- Le Pont du Montvert: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (42km)
- Laissac: market Tuesday (42km)
More information about Marvejols, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Marvejols, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Marvejols.
Grand sites of France
- Gorges du Tarn (23km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cascade du Déroc (20km)
- Aven Armand (grotte) (37km)
- Mont Lozère (38km)
- Chaos de Nimes-le-Vieux (43km)
- Lac du Bouchet (56km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- La Canourgue (15km)
- Aumont-Aubrac (19km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc à loups du Gévaudan (wolves) (23km)
- Réserve de bisons d'Europe de Sainte-Eulalie (31km)
- Maison des vautours (vultures) (40km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Marvejols
from Mende (prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 484 km
from Calais: 719 km
from Nice: 331 km
from Bordeaux: 307 km
from Strasbourg: 563 km
For driving distances to Marvejols from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Marvejols