La Souterraine tourism and travel guide
Visit La Souterraine: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: La Souterraine is one of those 'hard to find' traditional French towns that are always a pleasure to discover
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near La Souterraine. For detailed visitor information see the La Souterraine travel guide.
La Souterraine is situated in the Creuse department and Limousin region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the southern-centre of France at 30 kilometres from Gueret, the department capital (general information: La Souterraine is 298 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for La Souterraine include "village d'etape".
La Souterraine, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to La Souterraine in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Creuse
Map of places to visit near La Souterraine
Markets in and near La Souterraine
- Saint-Pardoux: market Wednesday (25km)
- Gueret: market Thursday all day & Saturday all day (30km)
- Bourganeuf: market Wednesday (38km)
- Argenton-sur-Creuse: market Saturday (38km)
- Saint-Gaultier: market Friday (45km)
- Ahun: market Wednesday (46km)
- Limoges: market every day (48km)
- Le Blanc: market Saturday (55km)
- Saint-Junien: market Saturday (59km)
More information about La Souterraine, Limousin
Tourist attractions near La Souterraine, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Souterraine.
- Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey (30km)
- Saint-Leonard de Noblat église (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
- Neuvy-Saint-Sépulchre collegiale St Etienne (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (47km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Benoit-du-Sault (24km)
- George Sand House (57km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint-Amand (Saint-Junien) (60km)
- Jardin-arboretum de La Sédelle (20km)
- Jardin du domaine de George Sand (58km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux (27km)
Towns of Art and history
- Limoges (48km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Bessines-sur-Gartempe (17km)
- Eguzon-Chantome (24km)
- Bellac (36km)
Geography and distances
Distance to La Souterraine
from Gueret (prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 298 km
from Calais: 525 km
from Nice: 535 km
from Bordeaux: 224 km
from Strasbourg: 538 km
For driving distances to La Souterraine from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter La Souterraine