Gargilesse-Dampierre tourism and travel guide
Visit Gargilesse-Dampierre: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Gargilesse-Dampierre is a very small village, but also very pretty and in a lovely setting. Don't miss the frescoes in the church crypt!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Gargilesse-Dampierre. For detailed visitor information see the Gargilesse-Dampierre travel guide.
Gargilesse-Dampierre is situated in the Indre department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the eastern-center of France at 34 kilometres from Chateauroux, the department capital (general information: Gargilesse-Dampierre is 266 kilometres from Paris).
Gargilesse-Dampierre, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Gargilesse-Dampierre in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Indre
Map of places to visit near Gargilesse-Dampierre
Markets in and near Gargilesse-Dampierre
- Argenton-sur-Creuse: market Saturday (9km)
- Saint-Gaultier: market Friday (19km)
- Chateauroux: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (33km)
- Villedieu-sur-Indre: market Wednesday (37km)
- Le Blanc: market Saturday (43km)
- Gueret: market Thursday all day & Saturday all day (43km)
- Buzancais: market Friday (45km)
- Mezieres-en-Brenne: market Thursday (45km)
- Lignieres: market Monday (52km)
More information about Gargilesse-Dampierre, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Gargilesse-Dampierre, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Gargilesse-Dampierre.
- Neuvy-Saint-Sépulchre collegiale St Etienne (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey (28km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Benoit-du-Sault (18km)
- George Sand House (31km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- La Chatre (31km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Brenne (34km)
- Jardin-arboretum de La Sédelle (14km)
- Jardin du domaine de George Sand (31km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Etangs de la Brenne (34km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Chateauroux (33km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Gargilesse-Dampierre
from Chateauroux (prefecture): 34 km
from Paris: 266 km
from Calais: 494 km
from Nice: 544 km
from Bordeaux: 251 km
from Strasbourg: 516 km
Gargilesse-Dampierre is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into a Paris airport and drive from there or arrive in a cross-channel port with Le Havre and Caen about 3-4 hours distance in the car. For driving distances to Gargilesse-Dampierre from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Gargilesse-Dampierre