Etretat tourism and travel guide
Visit Etretat: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The town of Etretat is pretty, but it is the dramatic cliffs and coastal scenery here that attract the crowds
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Etretat. For detailed visitor information see the Etretat travel guide.
Etretat is situated in the Seine-Maritime department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 71 kilometres from Rouen, the department capital (general information: Etretat is 182 kilometres from Paris).
Etretat, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Etretat in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Seine-Maritime
Map of places to visit near Etretat
Markets in and near Etretat
Market days in Etretat: weekly market: Thursday;
- Etretat: market Thursday (0km)
- Gonneville-la-Mallet: market Wednesday (8km)
- Goderville: market Tuesday (13km)
- Fecamp: market Saturday (14km)
- Montivilliers: market Thursday (18km)
- Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc: market Saturday (22km)
- Harfleur: market Sunday (23km)
- Bolbec: market Monday (24km)
- Le Havre: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (25km)
- Lillebonne: market Wednesday (32km)
More information about Etretat, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Etretat, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Etretat.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Jumièges (Jumieges) (54km)
- Jardin d'art et d'essais (28km)
- Parc de Galleville (42km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Falaises d'Etretat (0km)
- Cote d'Alabatre (13km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon (36km)
- Autretot (38km)
- Saint-Valery-en-Caux (40km)
- Touques (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Etretat
from Rouen (prefecture): 71 km
from Paris: 182 km
from Calais: 181 km
from Nice: 857 km
from Bordeaux: 545 km
from Strasbourg: 562 km
Etretat is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, with Le Havre and Dieppe on the coast here being very convenient. For driving distances to Etretat from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beaurepaire, Benouville, Bordeaux-Saint-Clair, Cuverville, La Poterie-Cap-d'Antifer, Le Tilleul, Les Loges, Pierrefiques, Sainte-Marie-Au-Bosc, Vattetot-sur-Mer and Villainville.
This page in French: Visiter Etretat