Cordes-sur-Ciel tourism and travel guide
Visit Cordes-sur-Ciel: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Cordes is certainly one of the most beautiful towns in France with a great deal of natural and historic beauty - and rather a lot of tourists!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Cordes-sur-Ciel. For detailed visitor information see the Cordes-sur-Ciel travel guide.
Cordes-sur-Ciel is situated in the Tarn department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 21 kilometres from Albi, the department capital (general information: Cordes-sur-Ciel is 534 kilometres from Paris).
Cordes-sur-Ciel, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Cordes-sur-Ciel in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn
Map of places to visit near Cordes-sur-Ciel
Markets in and near Cordes-sur-Ciel
Market days in Cordes-sur-Ciel: weekly market: Saturday & Saturday;
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (0km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (16km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (18km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (19km)
- Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val: market Sunday (19km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (22km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (24km)
- Lisle-sur-Tarn: market Sunday (26km)
- Septfonds: market Wednesday & Wednesday (30km)
- Villefranche-de-Rouergue: market Thursday (33km)
More information about Cordes-sur-Ciel, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Cordes-sur-Ciel, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cordes-sur-Ciel.
- Episcopal City, Albi (21km)
- Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
- Cahors cathédrale St Etienne (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (59km)
- Cahors Pont-Valentré (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (60km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (18km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Jardin de Paradis (0km)
- Jardins de Quercy (15km)
- Parc Rochegude (21km)
- Jardin du palais de la Berbie (21km)
- Jardin des Martels (36km)
- Jardins secrets de Cahors (59km)
- Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (61km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de l'Aveyron (20km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cayriech (33km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Cordes-sur-Ciel
from Albi (prefecture): 21 km
from Paris: 534 km
from Calais: 766 km
from Nice: 427 km
from Bordeaux: 219 km
from Strasbourg: 671 km
For driving distances to Cordes-sur-Ciel from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 17 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Amarens, Bournazel, Donnazac, Frausseilles, Labarthe-Bleys, Lacapelle-Segalar, Laparrouquial, Les Cabannes, Livers-Cazelles, Loubers, Marnaves, Milhavet, Mouzieys-Panens, Noailles, Saint-Marcel-Campes, Souel and Vindrac-Alayrac.
This page in French: Visiter Cordes-sur-Ciel