Chateau-d'Olonne tourism and travel guide
Visit Chateau-d'Olonne: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Chateau d'Olonne is a very small resort, well placed for exploring the coast and visiting Sables d'Olonne
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Chateau-d'Olonne. For detailed visitor information see the Chateau-d'Olonne travel guide.
Chateau-d'Olonne is situated in the Vendee department and Pays de la Loire region, in the west of France at 30 kilometres from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital (general information: Chateau-d'Olonne is 402 kilometres from Paris).
Chateau-d'Olonne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chateau-d'Olonne in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vendee
Map of places to visit near Chateau-d'Olonne
Markets in and near Chateau-d'Olonne
- Sables d'Olonne: market every day (3km)
- Brem-sur-Mer: market Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- La Mothe-Achard: market Friday (14km)
- Jard-sur-Mer: market Monday (16km)
- Bretignolles-sur-Mer: market Thursday & Sunday (17km)
- Saint Gilles Croix de Vie: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (26km)
- Angles: market Wednesday & Sunday (28km)
- Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (29km)
- La Tranche-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Saturday (30km)
- La Roche-sur-Yon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (30km)
More information about Chateau-d'Olonne, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Chateau-d'Olonne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chateau-d'Olonne.
- Aquarium de La Rochelle (59km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Georges Clemenceau house (17km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- La Rochelle (59km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Phare de la Pointe des Corbeaux (47km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts (41km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts (47km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique des Sables-d'Olonne (3km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chateau-d'Olonne
from La Roche-sur-Yon (prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 402 km
from Calais: 560 km
from Nice: 772 km
from Bordeaux: 206 km
from Strasbourg: 748 km
Chateau-d'Olonne is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to Chateau-d'Olonne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Chateau-d'Olonne