Sables d'Olonne tourism and travel guide
Visit Sables d'Olonne: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The lively town of Sables-d'Olonne is our favourite resort on the Vendee coast
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Sables d'Olonne. For detailed visitor information see the Sables d'Olonne travel guide.
Sables d'Olonne is situated in the Vendee department and Pays de la Loire region, in the west of France at 33 kilometres from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital (general information: Sables d'Olonne is 405 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Sables d'Olonne include "zoo or wildlife park".
Sables d'Olonne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Sables d'Olonne in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vendee
Map of places to visit near Sables d'Olonne
Markets in and near Sables d'Olonne
Market days in Sables d'Olonne: weekly market: every day;
- Sables d'Olonne: market every day (0km)
- Brem-sur-Mer: market Tuesday & Friday (13km)
- Bretignolles-sur-Mer: market Thursday & Sunday (16km)
- La Mothe-Achard: market Friday (16km)
- Jard-sur-Mer: market Monday (18km)
- Saint Gilles Croix de Vie: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (25km)
- Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (28km)
- Angles: market Wednesday & Sunday (31km)
- La Tranche-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Saturday (32km)
- La Roche-sur-Yon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (33km)
More information about Sables d'Olonne, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Sables d'Olonne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sables d'Olonne.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Georges Clemenceau house (20km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Phare de la Pointe des Corbeaux (44km)
- Fort de Pierre-Levée (50km)
- Port-Joinville (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts (39km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Sables d'Olonne
from La Roche-sur-Yon (prefecture): 33 km
from Paris: 405 km
from Calais: 562 km
from Nice: 774 km
from Bordeaux: 207 km
from Strasbourg: 751 km
Sables d'Olonne is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to Sables d'Olonne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Sables d'Olonne