Capbreton tourism and travel guide
Visit Capbreton: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Capbreton is a popular resort and beach that also has a traditional harbour and fish market
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Capbreton. For detailed visitor information see the Capbreton travel guide.
Capbreton is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 79 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Capbreton is 647 kilometres from Paris).
Capbreton, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Capbreton in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Capbreton
Markets in and near Capbreton
Market days in Capbreton: weekly market: every day except Monday;
- Capbreton: market every day except Monday (0km)
- Hossegor: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (1km)
- Seignosse: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday (6km)
- Labenne: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (6km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (10km)
- Soustons: market Monday & Thursday - seasonal market only (14km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (15km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (17km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (18km)
- Messanges: market Wednesday (19km)
More information about Capbreton, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Capbreton, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Capbreton.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (18km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Parc du Sarrat (31km)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (32km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (18km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (6km)
- Courant de Huchet (27km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (20km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Capbreton
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 79 km
from Paris: 647 km
from Calais: 848 km
from Nice: 699 km
from Bordeaux: 148 km
from Strasbourg: 894 km
Capbreton is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Capbreton from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Capbreton