Breteau tourism and travel guide
Visit Breteau: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Breteau is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 78 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Breteau is 136 kilometres from Paris).
Breteau, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Breteau in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Breteau
Markets in and near Breteau
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (4km)
- Briare: market Friday (13km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (14km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market Thursday (15km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (16km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market Wednesday (17km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (19km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market Wednesday (24km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (30km)
- Toucy: market Saturday (30km)
More information about Breteau, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Breteau, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Breteau.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (39km)
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (46km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (55km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (15km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (20km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (29km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Breteau
from Orleans (prefecture): 78 km
from Paris: 136 km
from Calais: 371 km
from Nice: 558 km
from Bordeaux: 414 km
from Strasbourg: 374 km
Breteau is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Breteau from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Breteau