Aumont-Aubrac tourism and travel guide
Visit Aumont-Aubrac: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Not perhaps a major destination but Aumont-Aubrac is pleasant to explore when you are nearby
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Aumont-Aubrac. For detailed visitor information see the Aumont-Aubrac travel guide.
Aumont-Aubrac is situated in the Lozere department and Languedoc-Roussillon region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France at 29 kilometres from Mende, the department capital (general information: Aumont-Aubrac is 465 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Aumont-Aubrac include "village d'etape".
Aumont-Aubrac, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Aumont-Aubrac in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Lozere
Map of places to visit near Aumont-Aubrac
Markets in and near Aumont-Aubrac
- Saint-Chely-d'Apcher: market Thursday (9km)
- Marvejols: market Tuesday & Saturday (19km)
- Chaudes-Aigues: market Thursday & Monday (26km)
- Mende: market Saturday all day (28km)
- Bagnols-les-Bains: market Thursday (39km)
- Sainte-Enimie: market Wednesday & Saturday (41km)
- Sainte-Genevieve-sur-Argence: market Wednesday & Wednesday (42km)
- Ispagnac: market Tuesday & Saturday (44km)
- Langeac: market Tuesday & Thursday & (45km)
- Landos: market Tuesday (45km)
More information about Aumont-Aubrac, Languedoc-Roussillon
Tourist attractions near Aumont-Aubrac, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Aumont-Aubrac.
Grand sites of France
- Gorges du Tarn (42km)
- St Chely d'Aubrac pont des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (47km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cascade du Déroc (19km)
- Mont Mouchet (29km)
- Lac du Bouchet (45km)
- Mont Lozère (49km)
- Trou de Bozouls (53km)
- Plomb du Cantal (55km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- La Canourgue (33km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Réserve de bisons d'Europe de Sainte-Eulalie (18km)
- Parc à loups du Gévaudan (wolves) (41km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Aumont-Aubrac
from Mende (prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 465 km
from Calais: 700 km
from Nice: 337 km
from Bordeaux: 305 km
from Strasbourg: 548 km
For driving distances to Aumont-Aubrac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Aumont-Aubrac