Valognes tourism and travel guide
Visit Valognes: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Valognes is situated in the Manche department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 52 kilometres from Saint-Lo, the department capital (general information: Valognes is 287 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Valognes include "town of art and history".
Valognes, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Valognes in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Manche
Map of places to visit near Valognes
Markets in and near Valognes
Market days in Valognes: weekly market: Friday;
- Valognes: market Friday (0km)
- Bricquebec: market Monday (13km)
- Quettehou: market Tuesday (15km)
- Sainte-Mere-Eglise: market Thursday (16km)
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue: market Saturday (16km)
- Cherbourg: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday (17km)
- Saint-Pierre-Eglise: market Wednesday (18km)
- Les Pieux: market Friday (25km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market Thursday - seasonal market only (25km)
- Barneville-Carteret: market Saturday (25km)
More information about Valognes, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Valognes, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Valognes.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue tours (Vauban fortifications) (17km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Barfleur (23km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Marais du Cotentin et du Bessin (26km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Cerisy-la-Forêt (Cerisy-la-Foret) (52km)
- Parc du château des Ravalet (16km)
- Château de Beaurepaire (17km)
- Parc du château de Nacqueville (26km)
- Jardin botanique du château de Vauville (31km)
- Jardin Jacques Prévert (39km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Baie des Veys (28km)
- Cap de la Hague (37km)
- Nez de Jobourg (38km)
- Forêt de Cerisy (55km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cherbourg (18km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Valognes
from Saint-Lo (prefecture): 52 km
from Paris: 287 km
from Calais: 285 km
from Nice: 928 km
from Bordeaux: 524 km
from Strasbourg: 679 km
Valognes is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferries at Saint-Malo, Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here which are very convenient. For driving distances to Valognes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Flottemanville, Huberville, Lieusaint, Montaigu-la-Brisette, Morville, Negreville, Saint-Cyr, Saint-Germain-de-Tournebut, Saint-Joseph, Sortosville, Tamerville and Yvetot-Bocage.
This page in French: Visiter Valognes