Reims tourism and travel guide
Visit Reims: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In the attractive and lively centre of Reims you can see three UNESCO listed world heritage sites: the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Abbey of Saint-Remi and the Palace of Tau
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Reims. For detailed visitor information see the Reims travel guide.
Reims is situated in the Marne department and Champagne-Ardenne region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 41 kilometres from Chalons-en-Champagne, the department capital (general information: Reims is 130 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Reims include "heritage site", "national monument", "national monument", "town of art and history" and "ville fleurie 4*". It is unusual for a town to have 5 awards, which indicates how important Reims is as a tourist destination!
Reims, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Reims in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Marne
Map of places to visit near Reims
Markets in and near Reims
Market days in Reims: weekly market: Every day;
- Reims: market Every day (0km)
- Guignicourt: market Friday (20km)
- Ay: market Friday (22km)
- Fismes: market Saturday (25km)
- Epernay: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (25km)
- Dormans: market Saturday (35km)
- Braine: market Friday (37km)
- Rethel: market Thursday (37km)
- Fere-en-Tardenois: market Wednesday (38km)
- Chalons-en-Champagne: market Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (41km)
More information about Reims, Champagne-Ardenne
Tourist attractions near Reims, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Reims.
- Châlons-en-Champagne Collégiale Notre-Dame-en-Vaux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (41km)
- L'Epine basilique Notre-Dame (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Montagne-de-Reims (15km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (1km)
- Jardin botanique de la Presle (16km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Laon (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle du Coteau de Chartèves (43km)
- Réserve naturelle des Landes de Versigny (59km)
Towns of Art and history
- Chalons-en-Champagne (41km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Launois-sur-Vence (57km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Rilly-la-Montagne (10km)
- Chamery (11km)
- Baconnes (25km)
- Mourmelon-le-Grand (27km)
- Oger (33km)
- Saint-Martin-sur-le-Pre (39km)
- Semide (41km)
- Vivaise (53km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Reims
from Chalons-en-Champagne (prefecture): 41 km
from Paris: 130 km
from Calais: 244 km
from Nice: 665 km
from Bordeaux: 602 km
from Strasbourg: 282 km
For driving distances to Reims from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 15 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Betheny, Bezannes, Cernay-les-Reims, Champigny, Cormontreuil, Les Mesneux, Merfy, Ormes, Saint-Brice-Courcelles, Saint-Leonard, Saint-Thierry, Taissy, Thillois, Tinqueux and Trois-Puits.
This page in French: Visiter Reims