Meribel tourism and travel guide
Visit Meribel: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Part of the extensive 'Trois Vallées' ski region, Meribel is extremely popular and has many activities available
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Meribel. For detailed visitor information see the Meribel travel guide.
Meribel is situated in the Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France at 53 kilometres from Chambery, the department capital (general information: Meribel is 496 kilometres from Paris).
Meribel, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Meribel in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Savoie
Map of places to visit near Meribel
Markets in and near Meribel
- Brides-les-Bains: market Wednesday (2km)
- Aiguebelle: market Tuesday (23km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: market Saturday (24km)
- Bourg-Saint-Maurice: market Saturday (26km)
- Albertville: market Thursday (29km)
- Tignes: market Thursday all day & Sunday - seasonal market only (29km)
- Tignes: market Sunday - seasonal market only (29km)
- Val d'Isere: market Monday all day (33km)
- Saint-Pierre-d'Albigny: market Wednesday (35km)
- La Rochette: market Wednesday (35km)
More information about Meribel, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Meribel, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Meribel.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne (24km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Massif des Bauges (43km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (46km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Col de la Croix-de-Fer (36km)
- Col de l'Iseran (37km)
- Aiguilles d'Arves (38km)
- Mont Blanc (51km)
Towns of Art and history
- Albertville (29km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Meribel
from Chambery (prefecture): 53 km
from Paris: 496 km
from Calais: 705 km
from Nice: 200 km
from Bordeaux: 563 km
from Strasbourg: 362 km
For driving distances to Meribel from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Brides-les-Bains, Feissons-sur-Salins, Fontaine-le-Puits, La Perriere, Les Allues, Montagny, Saint-Jean-de-Belleville, Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, Salins-les-Thermes and Villarlurin.
This page in French: Visiter Meribel