Le Mans tourism and travel guide
Visit Le Mans: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Le Mans is best known for its famous car race, but also has a very lovely medieval centre to explore
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Le Mans. For detailed visitor information see the Le Mans travel guide.
Le Mans is situated in the Sarthe department and Pays de la Loire region, in the north-west of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Sarthe department (general information: Le Mans is 186 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Le Mans include "secteur sauvegarde" and "town of art and history".
Le Mans, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Le Mans in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Sarthe
Map of places to visit near Le Mans
Markets in and near Le Mans
Market days in Le Mans: weekly market: every day except Monday;
- Le Mans: market every day except Monday (0km)
- Allonnes: market Tuesday (4km)
- Arnage: market Saturday (6km)
- La Suze-sur-Sarthe: market Thursday (16km)
- Ecommoy: market Tuesday (18km)
- Conlie: market Thursday (23km)
- Connerre: market Wednesday (23km)
- Le Grand-Luce: market Wednesday all day (24km)
- Noyen-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (26km)
- Loue: market Tuesday (26km)
More information about Le Mans, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Le Mans, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Le Mans.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- La Fleche (38km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale Saint Julien (Le Mans) (3km)
- Abbaye de l'Epau (Yvre-l'Eveque) (6km)
- Jardin du château de Vilaines (13km)
- Jardin d’atmosphère du Petit Bordeaux (18km)
- Jardins du Mirail (19km)
- Jardins de la Massonnière (25km)
- Parc et jardins du château du Lude (37km)
- Jardins du château de Poncé (42km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (46km)
Towns of Art and history
- Evron (49km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Coulaines (5km)
- Cogners (36km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Spaycific'Zoo (8km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Le Mans
from Le Mans (prefecture): 4 km
from Paris: 186 km
from Calais: 351 km
from Nice: 725 km
from Bordeaux: 355 km
from Strasbourg: 562 km
Le Mans is in the north-west of France. Most visitors get here by car having taken a ferry, probably to Saint-Malo or Caen, and then a drive of around 2 - 3 hours. For driving distances to Le Mans from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Le Mans