Lavardin tourism and travel guide
Visit Lavardin: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: With a river and ancient bridge below and an ancient castle above Lavardin, it is an exceptionally pretty little village
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Lavardin. For detailed visitor information see the Lavardin travel guide.
Lavardin is situated in the Loir-et-Cher department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 37 kilometres from Blois, the department capital (general information: Lavardin is 164 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Lavardin include "most beautiful village".
Lavardin, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Lavardin in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loir-et-Cher
Map of places to visit near Lavardin
Markets in and near Lavardin
- Montoire-sur-le-Loir: market Saturday (2km)
- Besse-sur-Braye: market Saturday (14km)
- Savigny-sur-Braye: market Tuesday (16km)
- Saint-Ouen: market Wednesday (17km)
- Chateau-Renault: market Tuesday & Saturday (17km)
- Saint-Calais: market Thursday all day & Sunday (23km)
- Pezou: market Thursday (24km)
- Herbault: market Monday (24km)
- Mondoubleau: market Saturday & Monday all day (27km)
- Neuvy-le-Roi: market Friday (27km)
More information about Lavardin, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Lavardin, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Lavardin.
- Aquarium du Val-de-Loire (39km)
- Cloisters of la Psalette (42km)
- Talcy Chateau (42km)
- Fougeres-sur-Bievre Chateau (47km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chateaudun (50km)
- Jardin du domaine de Sasnières (4km)
- Jardins du château de Poncé (17km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Valmer (32km)
- Domaine régional de Chaumont-sur-Loire (37km)
- Roseraie des terrasses de l’évêché (37km)
- Le jardin des Prébendes d'Oé (41km)
- Jardin du château de Talcy (42km)
- Les jardins du prieuré de Saint-Cosme (43km)
- Parc du château de Beauregard (44km)
- Les jardins du château de Villandry (53km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cogners (22km)
- Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire (41km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Réserve de Beaumarchais (25km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Lavardin
from Blois (prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 164 km
from Calais: 363 km
from Nice: 668 km
from Bordeaux: 342 km
from Strasbourg: 517 km
Lavardin is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris or arrive from a ferry port such as caen or Le Havre, approx. 3-4 hours drive. For driving distances to Lavardin from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ambloy, Houssay, Les Roches-l'Eveque, Montoire-sur-le-Loir, Prunay-Cassereau, Saint-Arnoult, Saint-Martin-Des-Bois, Saint-Rimay, Sasnieres, Thore-la-Rochette and Villavard.
This page in French: Visiter Lavardin