La Faute-sur-Mer tourism and travel guide
Visit La Faute-sur-Mer: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Here at La Faute-sur-Mer you can explore the nature reserve and peninsula - or relax on the long beach!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near La Faute-sur-Mer. For detailed visitor information see the La Faute-sur-Mer travel guide.
La Faute-sur-Mer is situated in the Vendee department and Pays de la Loire region, in the west of France at 38 kilometres from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital (general information: La Faute-sur-Mer is 393 kilometres from Paris).
La Faute-sur-Mer, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to La Faute-sur-Mer in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vendee
Map of places to visit near La Faute-sur-Mer
Markets in and near La Faute-sur-Mer
Market days in La Faute-sur-Mer: weekly market: Thursday & Sunday;
- La Faute-sur-Mer: market Thursday & Sunday (0km)
- La Tranche-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Saturday (7km)
- Angles: market Wednesday & Sunday (10km)
- Le Bois-Plage-en-Re: market every day (17km)
- La Couarde-sur-Mer: market every day - seasonal market only (17km)
- Lucon: market Wednesday & Saturday (18km)
- Rivedoux Plage: market Monday and Friday (20km)
- Saintes: market every day except Monday (20km)
- Ars-en-Re: market every day except Tuesday - seasonal market only (20km)
- Ars-en-Re: market Tuesday (20km)
More information about La Faute-sur-Mer, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near La Faute-sur-Mer, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Faute-sur-Mer.
- Aquarium de La Rochelle (24km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Georges Clemenceau house (20km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Fontenay-le-Comte (42km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Notre-Dame de l'Assomption (Maille) (41km)
- Abbaye Saint Pierre et Eglise de Saint Nicolas (Maillezais) (45km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame (Vouvant) (50km)
- Jardins de Chaligny (29km)
- Jardins du phare de Chassiron (34km)
- Jardins du Bâtiment (34km)
- Jardins de la Boirie (43km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- La Rochelle (23km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Baie de l'Aiguillon (38km)
- Forêt de Benon (44km)
Towns of Art and history
- Rochefort (51km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Marans (25km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique des Sables-d'Olonne (38km)
- Natur'Zoo de Mervent (48km)
Geography and distances
Distance to La Faute-sur-Mer
from La Roche-sur-Yon (prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 393 km
from Calais: 564 km
from Nice: 735 km
from Bordeaux: 176 km
from Strasbourg: 726 km
La Faute-sur-Mer is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to La Faute-sur-Mer from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Saint-Michel-en-l'Herm.
This page in French: Visiter La Faute-sur-Mer