Epernay tourism and travel guide
Visit Epernay: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The grand wine houses andvineyards around the town leave you in doubt that Epernay is the world capital of Champagne!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Epernay. For detailed visitor information see the Epernay travel guide.
Epernay is situated in the Marne department and Champagne-Ardenne region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 32 kilometres from Chalons-en-Champagne, the department capital (general information: Epernay is 118 kilometres from Paris).
Epernay, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Epernay in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Marne
Map of places to visit near Epernay
Markets in and near Epernay
Market days in Epernay: weekly market: Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday;
- Epernay: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- Ay: market Friday (4km)
- Dormans: market Saturday (23km)
- Reims: market Every day (25km)
- Fere-Champenoise: market Wednesday (31km)
- Chalons-en-Champagne: market Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (31km)
- Montmirail: market Monday (34km)
- Fismes: market Saturday (36km)
- Fere-en-Tardenois: market Wednesday (36km)
- Sezanne: market Saturday all day (38km)
More information about Epernay, Champagne-Ardenne
Tourist attractions near Epernay, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Epernay.
- Reims Cathedral, Abbey and Palace (25km)
- Châlons-en-Champagne Collégiale Notre-Dame-en-Vaux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (31km)
- L'Epine basilique Notre-Dame (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
- Tau Palace (26km)
- Towers of Reims Cathedral (26km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Montagne-de-Reims (11km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (25km)
- Jardin botanique de la Presle (11km)
- Entre Cour et Jardin (39km)
- Jardins de Viels-Maisons (43km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Réserve naturelle du Coteau de Chartèves (32km)
- Forêt de la Traconne (47km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Oger (10km)
- Chamery (15km)
- Rilly-la-Montagne (16km)
- Saint-Martin-sur-le-Pre (29km)
- Baconnes (32km)
- Mourmelon-le-Grand (32km)
- Haussimont (36km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Epernay
from Chalons-en-Champagne (prefecture): 32 km
from Paris: 118 km
from Calais: 260 km
from Nice: 645 km
from Bordeaux: 579 km
from Strasbourg: 283 km
For driving distances to Epernay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 20 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ay, Brugny-Vaudancourt, Champillon, Chavot-Courcourt, Chouilly, Cramant, Cuis, Cumieres, Damery, Dizy, Hautvillers, Magenta, Mancy, Mardeuil, Monthelon, Moussy, Mutigny, Pierry, Vauciennes and Vinay.
This page in French: Visiter Epernay