Deauville tourism and travel guide
Visit Deauville: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The resort of Deauville, established in the 19th century, is still one of the most upmarket beach resorts in Normandy
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Deauville. For detailed visitor information see the Deauville travel guide.
Deauville is situated in the Calvados department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 38 kilometres from Caen, the department capital (general information: Deauville is 175 kilometres from Paris).
Deauville, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Deauville in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Calvados
Map of places to visit near Deauville
Markets in and near Deauville
Market days in Deauville: weekly market: Tuesday & Saturday & Friday;
- Deauville: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Trouville: market Wednesday & Wednesday & Sunday & Sunday (1km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (4km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Friday (4km)
- Villers-sur-Mer: market Tuesday & Friday (7km)
- Pont-L'Eveque: market Monday (11km)
- Houlgate: market Thursday (13km)
- Honfleur: market Saturday (13km)
- Dives-sur-Mer: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (15km)
- Le Havre: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (15km)
More information about Deauville, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Deauville, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Deauville.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beuvron (21km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Caen (Caen) (37km)
- Boutemont (22km)
- Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (43km)
- Jardin d'art et d'essais (53km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Pegasus Bridge (28km)
- Jardin des plantes de Caen (38km)
- Prairie (Caen) (38km)
- Falaises d'Etretat (40km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Touques (3km)
- Cabourg (16km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon (38km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lisieux (26km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Deauville
from Caen (prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 175 km
from Calais: 218 km
from Nice: 835 km
from Bordeaux: 505 km
from Strasbourg: 566 km
Deauville is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car typically by ferry into Cherbourg or Caen on the Normandy coast For driving distances to Deauville from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Benerville-sur-Mer, Blonville-sur-Mer, Bonneville-sur-Touques, Canapville, Cricqueboeuf, Englesqueville-en-Auge, Saint-Arnoult, Saint-Martin-Aux-Chartrains, Touques, Tourgeville, Trouville, Vauville, Villers-sur-Mer and Villerville.
This page in French: Visiter Deauville