Courchevel tourism and travel guide
Visit Courchevel: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Courchevel, ski resort in the 'Three Valleys region', is also popular with summer mountain visitors
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Courchevel. For detailed visitor information see the Courchevel travel guide.
Courchevel is situated in the Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France at 59 kilometres from Chambery, the department capital (general information: Courchevel is 501 kilometres from Paris).
Courchevel, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Courchevel in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Savoie
Map of places to visit near Courchevel
Markets in and near Courchevel
- Brides-les-Bains: market Wednesday (6km)
- Tignes: market Thursday all day & Sunday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Tignes: market Sunday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Bourg-Saint-Maurice: market Saturday (25km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: market Saturday (27km)
- Val d'Isere: market Monday all day (28km)
- Aiguebelle: market Tuesday (29km)
- Albertville: market Thursday (34km)
- Saint-Pierre-d'Albigny: market Wednesday (41km)
- La Rochette: market Wednesday (41km)
More information about Courchevel, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Courchevel, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Courchevel.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne (27km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Massif des Bauges (49km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (47km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Col de l'Iseran (31km)
- Col de la Croix-de-Fer (40km)
- Aiguilles d'Arves (40km)
Towns of Art and history
- Albertville (34km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Courchevel
from Chambery (prefecture): 59 km
from Paris: 501 km
from Calais: 710 km
from Nice: 197 km
from Bordeaux: 569 km
from Strasbourg: 362 km
For driving distances to Courchevel from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Courchevel