Cholet tourism and travel guide
Visit Cholet: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Cholet is situated in the Maine-et-Loire department and Pays de la Loire region, in the western-centre of France at 52 kilometres from Angers, the department capital (general information: Cholet is 312 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Cholet include "ville fleurie 4*".
Cholet, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Cholet in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Maine-et-Loire
Map of places to visit near Cholet
Markets in and near Cholet
Market days in Cholet: weekly market: Saturday all day & Monday all day;
- Cholet: market Saturday all day & Monday all day (0km)
- Saint-Macaire-en-Mauges: market Friday (11km)
- Beaupreau: market Monday (18km)
- Mauleon: market Friday (18km)
- Chemille: market Thursday (20km)
- Vihiers: market Wednesday (28km)
- Clisson: market Friday (30km)
- Chalonnes-sur-Loire: market Tuesday & Saturday (33km)
- Argenton-Chateau: market Thursday (33km)
- Thouarce: market Tuesday (37km)
More information about Cholet, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Cholet, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cholet.
- Parc oriental de Maulévrier (12km)
- Jardins du Pin (39km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Puy de Fou (19km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Fauconnerie du Puy du Fou (falconry) (20km)
- Parc zoologique de Doué-la-Fontaine (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Cholet
from Angers (prefecture): 52 km
from Paris: 312 km
from Calais: 476 km
from Nice: 737 km
from Bordeaux: 249 km
from Strasbourg: 666 km
Cholet is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors arrive in a car from one of the ferry terminals - Saint Malo and Caen are most practical, allow around 3-4 hours for the journey. For driving distances to Cholet from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Cholet