Chambord tourism and travel guide
Visit Chambord: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Chambord is situated in the Eure department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 42 kilometres from Evreux, the department capital (general information: Chambord is 127 kilometres from Paris).
Chambord, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chambord in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Eure
Map of places to visit near Chambord
Markets in and near Chambord
- La Barre-en-Ouche: market Wednesday (7km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market Tuesday (11km)
- La Ferriere-sur-Risle: market Sunday (16km)
- Vitrai-sous-Laigle: market Tuesday (21km)
- Orbec: market Wednesday (21km)
- Bernay: market Wednesday & Saturday (22km)
- Breteuil: market Wednesday (23km)
- Beaumont-le-Roger: market Tuesday & Friday (25km)
- Conches-en-Ouche: market Thursday (26km)
- Verneuil-sur-Avre: market Saturday (29km)
More information about Chambord, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Chambord, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chambord.
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (39km)
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (34km)
- Jardins du château du Champ de Bataille (36km)
- Boutemont (43km)
- Sassy (50km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt d'Écouves (55km)
- Signal d'Écouves (57km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orbec (21km)
- Elbeuf (53km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Tourouvre (33km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lisieux (39km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chambord
from Evreux (prefecture): 42 km
from Paris: 127 km
from Calais: 246 km
from Nice: 770 km
from Bordeaux: 460 km
from Strasbourg: 524 km
Chambord is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferry ports at Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here For driving distances to Chambord from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bois-Anzeray, Couvains, Glos-la-Ferriere, Juignettes, La Haye-Saint-Sylvestre, Les Bottereaux, Mesnil-Rousset and Saint-Pierre-du-Mesnil.
This page in French: Visiter Chambord