Chalons-en-Champagne tourism and travel guide
Visit Chalons-en-Champagne: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In Chalons-sur-Champagne it is the various churches that are the main highlight of a visit
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Chalons-en-Champagne. For detailed visitor information see the Chalons-en-Champagne travel guide.
Chalons-en-Champagne is situated in the Marne department and Champagne-Ardenne region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Marne department (general information: Chalons-en-Champagne is 147 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Chalons-en-Champagne include "town of art and history" and "ville fleurie 4*".
Chalons-en-Champagne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chalons-en-Champagne in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Marne
Map of places to visit near Chalons-en-Champagne
Markets in and near Chalons-en-Champagne
Market days in Chalons-en-Champagne: weekly market: Wednesday all day & Saturday all day;
- Chalons-en-Champagne: market Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (0km)
- Ay: market Friday (29km)
- Vitry-le-Francois: market Thursday & Saturday all day (30km)
- Epernay: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (31km)
- Fere-Champenoise: market Wednesday (35km)
- Reims: market Every day (41km)
- Sainte-Menehould: market Monday (42km)
- Sermaize-les-Bains: market Sunday (45km)
- Plancy-l'Abbaye: market Tuesday (52km)
- Saint-Dizier: market Thursday & Sunday (55km)
More information about Chalons-en-Champagne, Champagne-Ardenne
Tourist attractions near Chalons-en-Champagne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chalons-en-Champagne.
- Châlons-en-Champagne Collégiale Notre-Dame-en-Vaux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (0km)
- L'Epine basilique Notre-Dame (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (8km)
- Reims Cathedral, Abbey and Palace (41km)
- Towers of Reims Cathedral (41km)
- Tau Palace (41km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Montagne-de-Reims (34km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (41km)
- Jardin botanique de la Presle (37km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac du Der-Chantecoq (52km)
Towns of Art and history
- Reims (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Saint-Martin-sur-le-Pre (3km)
- Mourmelon-le-Grand (21km)
- Baconnes (23km)
- Oger (25km)
- Haussimont (27km)
- Rilly-la-Montagne (32km)
- Chamery (38km)
- Haussignemont (39km)
- Semide (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chalons-en-Champagne
from Chalons-en-Champagne (prefecture): 1 km
from Paris: 147 km
from Calais: 285 km
from Nice: 625 km
from Bordeaux: 592 km
from Strasbourg: 252 km
For driving distances to Chalons-en-Champagne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Compertrix, Coolus, Fagnieres, Moncetz-Longevas, Recy, Saint-Gibrien, Saint-Martin-sur-le-Pre, Saint-Memmie, Sarry and Sogny-Aux-Moulins.
This page in French: Visiter Chalons-en-Champagne