Briare tourism and travel guide
Visit Briare: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: With the Loire River and the Canal de Briare crossing in the centre of Briare it is not surprising that water based activities are important here
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Briare. For detailed visitor information see the Briare travel guide.
Briare is situated in the Loiret department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the western-centre of France at 67 kilometres from Orleans, the department capital (general information: Briare is 137 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Briare include "ville fleurie 4*".
Briare, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Briare in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Loiret
Map of places to visit near Briare
Markets in and near Briare
Market days in Briare: weekly market: Friday;
- Briare: market Friday (0km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market Thursday (7km)
- Gien: market Wednesday & Saturday (8km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market Wednesday (14km)
- Bleneau: market Tuesday (17km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market Friday (21km)
- Vailly-sur-Sauldre: market Friday (22km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market Friday (26km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market Saturday all day (28km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market Monday all day (29km)
More information about Briare, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Briare, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Briare.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Saint Benoît sur Loire (Saint-Benoit-sur-Loire Abbey) (36km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (43km)
- Eglise de Notre Dame (Boiscommun) (50km)
- Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (14km)
- Arboretum national des Barres (21km)
- Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (37km)
- Arboretum des grandes bruyères (54km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere (28km)
- Quiers-sur-Bezonde (44km)
- Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (46km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Briare
from Orleans (prefecture): 67 km
from Paris: 137 km
from Calais: 372 km
from Nice: 563 km
from Bordeaux: 403 km
from Strasbourg: 387 km
Briare is in the western-centre of France. Most visitors will either fly into one of the airports in Paris (Orly / Charles de Gaulle) or come via a ferry from the UK to a port such as Le Havre and Caen, 3-4 hours drive from here. For driving distances to Briare from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Briare