Bitche tourism and travel guide
Visit Bitche: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The citadel in Bitche is very interesting, with videos explaining the history and sieges of the town
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Bitche. For detailed visitor information see the Bitche travel guide.
Bitche is situated in the Moselle department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 91 kilometres from Metz, the department capital (general information: Bitche is 371 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Bitche include "recommended detour" and "ville fleurie 4*".
Bitche, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Bitche in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Bitche
Markets in and near Bitche
- Niederbronn-les-Bains: market Friday (19km)
- Reichshoffen: market Thursday (22km)
- Sarreguemines: market Tuesday & Friday (27km)
- Drulingen: market Saturday (28km)
- Sarralbe: market Thursday (30km)
- Saverne: market Thursday (35km)
- Haguenau: market Tuesday & Friday (37km)
- Behren-les-Forbach: market Saturday (38km)
- Stiring-Wendel: market Thursday & Saturday (39km)
- Brumath: market Wednesday (41km)
More information about Bitche, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Bitche, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bitche.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Hunspach (39km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Wissembourg (38km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Vosges-du-Nord (23km)
- Jardin de la ferme bleue (24km)
- Jardin botanique du col de Saverne (35km)
- Jardin de l'Escalier (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sarreguemines (27km)
- Drusenheim (50km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc animalier de Sainte-Croix (50km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Bitche
from Metz (prefecture): 91 km
from Paris: 371 km
from Calais: 451 km
from Nice: 595 km
from Bordeaux: 767 km
from Strasbourg: 57 km
For driving distances to Bitche from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Eguelshardt, Hanviller, Haspelschiedt, Hottviller, Lambach, Lemberg, Nousseviller-les-Bitche, Reyersviller, Roppeviller, Schorbach and Siersthal.
This page in French: Visiter Bitche