Barfleur tourism and travel guide
Visit Barfleur: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Barfleur is listed among the 'most beautiful villages in France' and the harbour area in particular is very pretty
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Barfleur. For detailed visitor information see the Barfleur travel guide.
Barfleur is situated in the Manche department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 63 kilometres from Saint-Lo, the department capital (general information: Barfleur is 277 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Barfleur include "most beautiful village".
Barfleur, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Barfleur in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Manche
Map of places to visit near Barfleur
Markets in and near Barfleur
- Quettehou: market Tuesday (9km)
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue: market Saturday (9km)
- Saint-Pierre-Eglise: market Wednesday (10km)
- Valognes: market Friday (23km)
- Cherbourg: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday (26km)
- Sainte-Mere-Eglise: market Thursday (29km)
- Bricquebec: market Monday (35km)
- Grandcamp-Maisy: market Sunday (35km)
- Isigny-sur-Mer: market Wednesday & Saturday (41km)
- Carentan: market Monday all day (41km)
More information about Barfleur, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Barfleur, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Barfleur.
- Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue tours (Vauban fortifications) (9km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Marais du Cotentin et du Bessin (41km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale Notre Dame (Bayeux) (60km)
- Parc du château des Ravalet (23km)
- Château de Beaurepaire (30km)
- Parc du château de Nacqueville (34km)
- Jardin botanique du château de Vauville (42km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayeux (59km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Baie des Veys (34km)
Towns of Art and history
- Valognes (23km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cherbourg (26km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Barfleur
from Saint-Lo (prefecture): 63 km
from Paris: 277 km
from Calais: 263 km
from Nice: 928 km
from Bordeaux: 540 km
from Strasbourg: 666 km
Barfleur is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferries at Saint-Malo, Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here which are very convenient. For driving distances to Barfleur from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Anneville-en-Saire, Gatteville-le-Phare, Gouberville, La Pernelle, Le Vicel, Montfarville, Neville-sur-Mer, Reville, Sainte-Genevieve, Tocqueville and Valcanville.
This page in French: Visiter Barfleur