Pegomas, Alpes-Maritimes: tourism & sightseeing
Visit Pegomas (Provence, France)
The small town of Pégomas is situated in the Alpes-Maritimes department, in attractive countryside a few kilometres north of the French Riviera at Mandelieu le Napoule and a similar distance south of the 'perfume town' of Grasse.
Although there is little in the way of important historical monuments in the town, Pegomas is a pleasant town to explore absorbing the atmosphere and taking shelter from the Provençal sunshine in one of the shady town squares.
The most important historical building is the Church of Saint Peter, dating from the 18th century and with a traditional ironwork campanile on the square clocktower. Elsewhere in Pegomas you can see a castle, stroll around the 'Jardin des Mimosas', and promenade along the banks of a small river.
Pegomas is also visited as part of the Route du Mimosa, a scenic route through the mimosa covered hills of the region, best visited in February.
The route between Pegomas and nearby Tanneron is affectionately known as the "Route d'Or" (route of gold) because of the large areas of mimosa forests that turn the countryside golden yellow in the early spring.
If you have the chance to stay here during the flowering season we suggest you also take a hike through the hills, or it is also possible to arrange a four-wheel-drive excursion to see the mimosas at their best
Visit the Pegenas tourist information office at 287, Avenue de Grasse when you arrive for details of local trails and events.
As well as exploring the surrounding coutryside, particular highlights in this region include the chance to stroll along the riviera in the popular resort of Cannes to the south and to explore the extensive historic centre of Grasse to the north.
Map of Pegomas and places nearby
Visit near Pegomas with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Alpes-Maritimes
Address: Pégomas, Grasse-Sud, Grasse, Provence, 6580, France || GPS: latitude 43.5972, longitude 6.9314
Plan your visit to Pegomas, Alpes-Maritimes
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Grasse: secteur sauvegarde (7 km)
- Jardin de la Villa Fort de France: remarkable garden (8 km)
- Abbaye de Lerins (Cannes): religious monument (8 km)
- Cannes: ville fleurie 4* (8 km)
- Parc du château de la Napoule: remarkable garden (8 km)
- Grottes de Saint-Cezaire: site of natural beauty (12 km)
- Gourdon: most beautiful village (14 km)
- Jardin botanique de la villa Thuret: remarkable garden (16 km)
- Marineland d'Antibes: aquarium (16 km)
- Parc zoologique de Fréjus: zoo or wildlife park (21 km)
- Eglise de St Raphaël (Saint-Raphael): religious monument (23 km)
- Seillans: most beautiful village (24 km)
The French version of this page is at Pegomas (Francais)