Valmasque Parc, Alpes-Maritimes: visitors guide
Booking.com: best prices
Visit Valmasque Parc, France
Valmasque parc (full name is Parc Naturel Departmental de la Valmasque) is situated between Mougins and Vallauris in the southern Alpes-Maritimes department.
With 560 hectares of woodland, lakes and forest walks, the Departmental Valmasque Parc was established at the same time as the 'technology town' of Sophia Antipolis, to ensure the area did not become completely built-up.
Discovering Valmasque Parc
The parc is essentially divided into several sections spread over forested hills: Clausonnes to the north, Fugueiret in the south, and Carton and Fontmerle to the west. The walks through the park are numerous and very relaxing, leading you through the woodlands, perhaps to the picturesque Fontmerle Lake (where birdwatching is a popular activity).
It also has picnic areas and children's play areas, and is a great place for a picnic and a stroll while you regain your strength for the afternoon's activities...and the children burn off excess energy in safety.
Whether you need a breather from the traffic and the bustling crowds on the Cote d'Azur or are exhausted from climbing the steep streets of the perched villages in the region it is a great pleasure to find an area of peace and tranquility - the Valmasque Parc could be just what you need!
A nice day out?
Other local options - towns, villages and coastline - are numerous. On a recent visit we spent the morning looking around Valbonne, then had a picnic and a run around in Valmasque Parc before going into the pretty village of Mougins for a drink, then returning to the beach mid-afternoon. Lovely day out!
Map of Valmasque Parc and places nearby
Visit near Valmasque Parc with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Alpes-Maritimes
Plan your visit to Valmasque Parc, Alpes-Maritimes
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Cannes: ville fleurie 4* (6 km)
- Abbaye de Lerins (Cannes): religious monument (6 km)
- Marineland d'Antibes: aquarium (8 km)
- Jardin botanique de la villa Thuret: remarkable garden (8 km)
- Grasse: secteur sauvegarde (11 km)
- Parc du château de la Napoule: remarkable garden (11 km)
- Jardin de la Villa Fort de France: remarkable garden (12 km)
- Gourdon: most beautiful village (14 km)
- Parc Phœnix: zoo or wildlife park (17 km)
- Baou de Saint-Jeannet: site of natural beauty (19 km)
- Grottes de Saint-Cezaire: site of natural beauty (19 km)
- Le Vallon du Brec: remarkable garden (21 km)
The French version of this page is at Valmasque Parc (Francais)