Loubressac, Lot: tourism & sightseeing
Visit Loubressac (Midi-Pyrenees, France)Photo Gallery
Loubressac is 15 kilometres north-east of Gramat, towards the northern border of the Lot department and is classified as one of the 'most beautiful villages of France'. It is a very pretty village set on a rocky outcrop surrounded by woods and open fields.
Loubressac is one of those rare villages that are still able to evoke another time and place, and should not be missed if you are in the region. It is a magical village to explore and enjoy, and although small the trip is highly recommended.
Easy to explore and get your bearings, there is an open grass area in the centre of Loubressac surrounded by narrow streets and alleys of ancient houses. If you can visit in spring or summer you will also see many small gardens and hanging baskets of flowers, further adding to the charm of the village.
In the village centre there are many lovely medieval buildings made of the local white-honey coloured stone, with fine rooves in old tiles and decorative balconies, facing onto the narrow streets and the central square.
Loubressac is also overlooked by a nice 15th century chateau/manor-house (not open to the public) and the 12th century fortified Church of Saint-John the Baptist (modified in the 16th century)
Another highlight of the village is the fantastic views in almost all directions, across the valleys of the Dordogne, the Cere and the Bave rivers, and to various distant chateaux including the Chateau de Castelnau-Bretenoux. The best views are perhaps those from the grassy area next to the castle. It is best to visit on a clear day if possible!
In addition to being a 'most beautiful village', Loubressac is also classified as a 'village fleuri' (village in bloom) for its colourful floral displays.
Although it is a small village we suggest you also allow time to follow one of the many trails through the surrounding countryside when you visit Loubressac.
Map of Loubressac and places nearby
Visit near Loubressac with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Lot
Tourist classifications for Loubressac
Loubressac is classified as a one of the most beautiful village in France (plus beau villages)
Address: Loubressac, Saint-Céré, Figeac, Midi-Pyrenees, 46130, France || GPS: latitude 44.872, longitude 1.8055
Plan your visit to Loubressac, Lot
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Autoire: most beautiful village (2 km)
- Castelnau-Bretenoux Chateau: national monument (3 km)
- Chateau Montal: national monument (5 km)
- Gouffre de Padirac: site of natural beauty (5 km)
- Carennac: most beautiful village (8 km)
- Eglise de Saint Pierre (Carennac): religious monument (8 km)
- Curemonte: most beautiful village (15 km)
- Gouffre des Vitarelles: site of natural beauty (16 km)
- Rocamadour: grand site of france (17 km)
- Rocamadour basilique Saint-Sauveur (monuments on French pilgrim routes): heritage site (17 km)
- Le rocher des aigles (eagles): zoo or wildlife park (17 km)
- Assier Chateau: national monument (23 km)
The French version of this page is at Loubressac (Francais)