Valence tourism and travel guide
Visit Valence: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Although the famous local vineyards are the main attraction there is a great deal of interest in Valence itself
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Valence. For detailed visitor information see the Valence travel guide.
Valence is situated in the Drome department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the south-east of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Drome department (general information: Valence is 477 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Valence include "town of art and history" and "ville fleurie 4*".
Valence, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Valence in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Drome
Map of places to visit near Valence
Markets in and near Valence
Market days in Valence: weekly market: Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday;
- Valence: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Guilherand-Granges: market Friday (1km)
- Bourg-les-Valence: market Wednesday & Sunday (1km)
- Saint-Peray: market Wednesday (4km)
- Portes-les-Valence: market Thursday (8km)
- Etoile-sur-Rhone: market Wednesday (11km)
- Chabeuil: market Tuesday (11km)
- Tain-l'Hermitage: market Saturday (16km)
- Tournon-sur-Rhone: market Saturday (16km)
- La Voulte-sur-Rhone: market Friday (17km)
More information about Valence, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Valence, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Valence.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Crest (25km)
- Vals-les-Bains (51km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Vercors (43km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Cathédrale Saint-Apollinaire (Valence) (0km)
- Abbatiale Sainte-Marie (Cruas) (32km)
- Parc Jouvet (0km)
- Jardin japonais (10km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Grottes de Choranche (43km)
- Gorges de la Bourne (45km)
- Cascade du Moulin-Marquis (45km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Montelier (11km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Valence
from Valence (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 477 km
from Calais: 706 km
from Nice: 233 km
from Bordeaux: 431 km
from Strasbourg: 461 km
For driving distances to Valence from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Valence): Bourg-les-Valence, Cornas, Guilherand-Granges, Malissard, Saint-Marcel-les-Valence, Saint-Peray, Soyons and Toulaud.
This page in French: Visitez Valence