Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne tourism and travel guide
Visit Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne is situated in the Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France at 47 kilometres from Chambery, the department capital (general information: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne is 500 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne include "recommended detour".
Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Savoie
Map of places to visit near Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
Markets in and near Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
Market days in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: weekly market: Saturday;
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne: market Saturday (0km)
- Allevard: market Thursday (25km)
- La Grave: market Thursday (26km)
- Brides-les-Bains: market Wednesday (26km)
- La Rochette: market Wednesday (28km)
- Aiguebelle: market Tuesday (30km)
- Le Touvet: market Saturday (33km)
- Froges: market Saturday (34km)
- Le Bourg-d'Oisans: market Saturday (35km)
- Le Monetier-les-Bains: market Friday - seasonal market only (36km)
More information about Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne.
Grand sites of France
- Vallee de la Claree (42km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- La Grave (26km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Chartreuse (45km)
- Jardin alpin du Lautaret (26km)
- Parc du château du Touvet (33km)
- Parc du château de Vizille (50km)
- Les jardins du Prieuré (56km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Col de la Croix-de-Fer (13km)
- Aiguilles d'Arves (17km)
- La Meije (30km)
- Mont Granier (39km)
- Ruines de Séchilienne (49km)
Towns of Art and history
- Albertville (44km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Nances (56km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
from Chambery (prefecture): 47 km
from Paris: 500 km
from Calais: 713 km
from Nice: 189 km
from Bordeaux: 546 km
from Strasbourg: 383 km
For driving distances to Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Albiez-le-Jeune, Hermillon, Jarrier, Le Chatel, Montricher-Albanne, Montvernier, Pontamafrey-Montpascal, Saint-Julien-Mont-Denis, Saint-Pancrace, Villarembert and Villargondran.
This page in French: Visiter Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne