Orbec tourism and travel guide
Visit Orbec: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Orbec is situated in the Calvados department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 59 kilometres from Caen, the department capital (general information: Orbec is 143 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Orbec include "town of art and history".
Orbec, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Orbec in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Calvados
Map of places to visit near Orbec
Markets in and near Orbec
Market days in Orbec: weekly market: Wednesday;
- Orbec: market Wednesday (0km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market Tuesday (11km)
- Thiberville: market Monday (14km)
- Bernay: market Wednesday & Saturday (16km)
- Lisieux: market Saturday all day (19km)
- La Barre-en-Ouche: market Wednesday (21km)
- Cormeilles: market Friday (25km)
- Beaumont-le-Roger: market Tuesday & Friday (28km)
- La Ferriere-sur-Risle: market Sunday (28km)
- Brionne: market Thursday & Sunday (30km)
More information about Orbec, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Orbec, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Orbec.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beuvron (37km)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (33km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Boutemont (22km)
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (33km)
- Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (35km)
- Jardins du château du Champ de Bataille (37km)
- Sassy (49km)
- Parc du manoir de Villers (56km)
Towns of Art and history
- Elbeuf (53km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Touques (42km)
- Cabourg (48km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lisieux (19km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Orbec
from Caen (prefecture): 59 km
from Paris: 143 km
from Calais: 238 km
from Nice: 791 km
from Bordeaux: 471 km
from Strasbourg: 540 km
Orbec is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car typically by ferry into Cherbourg or Caen on the Normandy coast For driving distances to Orbec from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 12 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Cernay, Cerqueux, Friardel, La Chapelle-Gauthier, La Chapelle-Yvon, La Folletiere-Abenon, La Vespiere, Meulles, Saint-Germain-la-Campagne, Saint-Jean-du-Thenney, Saint-Mards-de-Fresne and Tordouet.
This page in French: Visiter Orbec