Merten tourism and travel guide
Visit Merten: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Merten is situated in the Moselle department and Lorraine region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France at 38 kilometres from Metz, the department capital (general information: Merten is 317 kilometres from Paris).
Merten, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Merten in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
Map of places to visit near Merten
Markets in and near Merten
- Creutzwald: market Thursday (5km)
- Bouzonville: market Tuesday (10km)
- Freyming-Merlebach: market Thursday (16km)
- Saint-Avold: market Friday (17km)
- Forbach: market Tuesday & Friday (18km)
- Stiring-Wendel: market Thursday & Saturday (21km)
- Farebersviller: market Wednesday (21km)
- Behren-les-Forbach: market Saturday (22km)
- Faulquemont: market Thursday (23km)
- Sarreguemines: market Tuesday & Friday (33km)
More information about Merten, Lorraine
Tourist attractions near Merten, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Merten.
Regional Natural Parcs
- Lorraine (60km)
- Parc du château de Pange (29km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Metz (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Sarreguemines (33km)
- Rombas (41km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique d'Amnéville (38km)
Geography and distances
New region: Grand-Est
Distance to Merten
from Metz (prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 317 km
from Calais: 391 km
from Nice: 618 km
from Bordeaux: 735 km
from Strasbourg: 109 km
For driving distances to Merten from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Berviller-en-Moselle, Chateau-Rouge, Creutzwald, Dalem, Falck, Hargarten-Aux-Mines, Oberdorff, Remering, Tromborn, Villing and Voelfling-les-Bouzonville.
This page in French: Visiter Merten