Margon tourism and travel guide
Visit Margon: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Margon is situated in the Eure-et-Loir department and Loire Valley region (now part of the Centre-Loire Valley region), in the eastern-center of France at 50 kilometres from Chartres, the department capital (general information: Margon is 126 kilometres from Paris).
Margon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Margon in Centre-Loire Valley.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Eure-et-Loir
Map of places to visit near Margon
Markets in and near Margon
- Nogent-le-Rotrou: market Saturday all day (2km)
- Remalard: market Monday (11km)
- Le Theil: market Wednesday (13km)
- La Loupe: market Tuesday (20km)
- La Ferte-Bernard: market Saturday & Monday (21km)
- Longny-Au-Perche: market Wednesday (23km)
- La Bazoche-Gouet: market Saturday (25km)
- Brou: market Wednesday (28km)
- Senonches: market Friday (29km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (29km)
More information about Margon, Loire Valley
Tourist attractions near Margon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Margon.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Perche (8km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de l'Epau (Yvre-l'Eveque) (55km)
- Jardin de la petite Rochelle (11km)
- Le pré Catelan (31km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt de Perseigne (44km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Tourouvre (31km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Margon
from Chartres (prefecture): 50 km
from Paris: 126 km
from Calais: 300 km
from Nice: 715 km
from Bordeaux: 404 km
from Strasbourg: 510 km
Margon is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris CDG or Orly airport and hire a car. The drive from the channel ferry ports such as Caen or Le Havre takes around 3 hours. For driving distances to Margon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Brunelles, Champrond-en-Perchet, Conde-sur-Huisne, Condeau, Dance, Nogent-le-Rotrou, Saint-Jean-Pierre-Fixte, Saint-Pierre-la-Bruyere and Trizay-Coutretot-Saint-Serge.
This page in French: Visiter Margon