Lisieux tourism and travel guide
Visit Lisieux: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The painstaking rebuilding of Lisieux since the war has gone a long way to recapturing the feel of the medieval town
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Lisieux. For detailed visitor information see the Lisieux travel guide.
Lisieux is situated in the Calvados department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 44 kilometres from Caen, the department capital (general information: Lisieux is 158 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Lisieux include "zoo or wildlife park".
Lisieux, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Lisieux in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Calvados
Map of places to visit near Lisieux
Markets in and near Lisieux
Market days in Lisieux: weekly market: Saturday all day;
- Lisieux: market Saturday all day (0km)
- Cormeilles: market Friday (16km)
- Pont-L'Eveque: market Monday (16km)
- Thiberville: market Monday (17km)
- Orbec: market Wednesday (19km)
- Mezidon-Canon: market Sunday (23km)
- Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives: market Monday (24km)
- Beuzeville: market Tuesday (24km)
- Villers-sur-Mer: market Tuesday & Friday (26km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (26km)
More information about Lisieux, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Lisieux, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Lisieux.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beuvron (20km)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (37km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Caen (Caen) (43km)
- Abbaye de Jumièges (Jumieges) (53km)
- Boutemont (4km)
- Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (28km)
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (41km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Pegasus Bridge (38km)
- Prairie (Caen) (43km)
- Jardin des plantes de Caen (44km)
Towns of Art and history
- Orbec (19km)
- Le Havre (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Touques (24km)
- Cabourg (30km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon (45km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Lisieux
from Caen (prefecture): 44 km
from Paris: 158 km
from Calais: 232 km
from Nice: 810 km
from Bordeaux: 483 km
from Strasbourg: 553 km
Lisieux is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car typically by ferry into Cherbourg or Caen on the Normandy coast For driving distances to Lisieux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 16 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Beuvillers, Coquainvilliers, Fauguernon, Glos, Hermival-les-Vaux, Le Mesnil-Eudes, Le Mesnil-Guillaume, Le Pre-d'Auge, Manerbe, Norolles, Ouilly-le-Vicomte, Rocques, Saint-Desir, Saint-Jean-de-Livet, Saint-Martin-de-la-Lieue and Saint-Pierre-Des-Ifs.
This page in French: Visiter Lisieux