Garein tourism and travel guide
Visit Garein: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Garein is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 21 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Garein is 582 kilometres from Paris).
Garein, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Garein in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Garein
Markets in and near Garein
- Mont-de-Marsan: market Tuesday all day & Saturday (21km)
- Morcenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (22km)
- Roquefort: market Saturday (26km)
- Tartas: market Saturday (27km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (44km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market Thursday - seasonal market only (47km)
- Parentis-en-Born: market Thursday & Sunday (48km)
- Dax: market Sunday & Saturday (49km)
- Bazas: market Saturday (55km)
- Biscarrosse: market every day (56km)
More information about Garein, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Garein, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Garein.
- Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (32km)
- Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (50km)
- Bazas cathédrale St Jean Baptist (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (55km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Landes de Gascogne (35km)
- Parc du Sarrat (50km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Etang de Biscarrosse et Parentis (53km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Geography and distances
Distance to Garein
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 21 km
from Paris: 582 km
from Calais: 790 km
from Nice: 636 km
from Bordeaux: 88 km
from Strasbourg: 818 km
Garein is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Garein from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Garein