Evreux tourism and travel guide
Visit Evreux: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In Evreux it is the two religious monuments - the cathedral and the bishop's palace - that are the principal attractions
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Evreux. For detailed visitor information see the Evreux travel guide.
Evreux is situated in the Eure department and Normandy region, in the north of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Eure department (general information: Evreux is 90 kilometres from Paris).
Evreux, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Evreux in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Eure
Map of places to visit near Evreux
Markets in and near Evreux
Market days in Evreux: weekly market: Wednesday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday;
- Evreux: market Wednesday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Conches-en-Ouche: market Thursday (16km)
- Saint-Andre-de-l'Eure: market Friday (16km)
- Pacy-sur-Eure: market Thursday (18km)
- Damville: market Tuesday (18km)
- Gaillon: market Tuesday (21km)
- Louviers: market Saturday (21km)
- Le Neubourg: market Wednesday (22km)
- Vernon: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (25km)
- La Ferriere-sur-Risle: market Sunday (26km)
More information about Evreux, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Evreux, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Evreux.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (38km)
- Les jardins du château de Miserey (10km)
- Les jardins du château de Saint-Just (24km)
- Jardins du château du Champ de Bataille (26km)
- Jardin du musée d’art américain (29km)
- Jardin de Claude Monet (30km)
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (30km)
- Domaine de Villarceaux (41km)
- Jardins du château de Vandrimare (43km)
- Domaine du château d'Ambleville (43km)
- Parc du manoir de Villers (44km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Rouen (44km)
Towns of Art and history
- Elbeuf (31km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Evreux
from Evreux (prefecture): 1 km
from Paris: 90 km
from Calais: 220 km
from Nice: 755 km
from Bordeaux: 483 km
from Strasbourg: 486 km
Evreux is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, often from the ferry ports at Cherbourg or Caen on the coast here For driving distances to Evreux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Evreux): Angerville-la-Campagne, Arnieres-sur-Iton, Aviron, Fauville, Gauville-la-Campagne, Gravigny, Guichainville, Huest, Le Mesnil-Fuguet, Les Baux-Sainte-Croix, Parville, Saint-Martin-la-Campagne and Saint-Sebastien-de-Morsent.
This page in French: Visitez Evreux