Albi tourism and travel guide
Booking.com: best prices
Visit Albi: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Albi is quite a remarkable town, with a substantial and beautiful centre and sensational views across the river below. Very recommended!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Albi. For detailed visitor information see the Albi travel guide.
Albi is situated in the Tarn department and Midi-Pyrenees region (now part of the Occitanie region), in the south of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Tarn department (general information: Albi is 548 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Albi include "heritage site" and "secteur sauvegarde".
Albi, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Albi in Occitanie.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn
Map of places to visit near Albi
Markets in and near Albi
Market days in Albi: weekly market: Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day;
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (0km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (6km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (14km)
- Realmont: market Wednesday (17km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (20km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (22km)
- Graulhet: market Thursday & Sunday (22km)
- Lisle-sur-Tarn: market Sunday (28km)
- Saint-Paul-Cap-de-Joux: market Tuesday (34km)
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (34km)
More information about Albi, Midi-Pyrenees
Tourist attractions near Albi, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Albi.
- Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (36km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (39km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Gaillac (20km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Haut-Languedoc (57km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (39km)
- Parc Rochegude (0km)
- Jardin du palais de la Berbie (0km)
- Jardin de Paradis (22km)
- Jardin des Martels (35km)
- Jardin de l'Évêché (36km)
- Jardins de Quercy (36km)
- Jardin et parc du château de Loubens (49km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Gorges de l'Aveyron (37km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Cayriech (54km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Albi
from Albi (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 548 km
from Calais: 781 km
from Nice: 412 km
from Bordeaux: 239 km
from Strasbourg: 673 km
For driving distances to Albi from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 11 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Albi): Arthes, Cambon, Carlus, Castelnau-de-Levis, Cunac, Le Sequestre, Lescure-d'Albigeois, Puygouzon, Saint-Juery, Salies and Terssac.
This page in French: Visiter Albi