Pino, Haute-Corse tourism & sightseeing
Visit Pino (Corsica, France)Photo Gallery
Pino is a small village on the coast of west Cap Corse with a port and beach and views along the coast. If you are travelling around Cap Corse in an anti-clockwise direction, like most visitors, you will reach here in time for your afternoon coffee break!
There is not a lot to see in Pino but it is a pleasant place for a stroll as you tour Cap Corse, set on the side of a hill and surrounded by forests. The main route around Cap Corse passes through the centre of the village.
In Pino it is easy to park along the main road and there are various small shops and cafes. The principal monument in the village is the 18th century baroque church with its tall belltower. You will also see two medieval towers and several nicely maintained gardens.
The best way to visit Pino is to follow the trail that winds down the hill below the village. The path is about three kilometres long round trip but does include a long descent to the marina, and you need to come back up the hill again so allow more than one hour. The trail is marked with yellow stripes.
France This Way comment: we have included the village as a destination because of this chance to explore the western Cap Corse on foot rather than because of the village itself, which will not detain you for very long.
During the walk you descend to the small Marina de Scalo on the coast below and see another tower on a hill above the marina, as well as the Chateau Piccioni at the top of the village. The small Convent Saint-Francis on the coast dates from the 15th century.
On the main road just outside the village where it crosses the Col de Santa Lucia you can see the Chapel Santa-Lucia. From here there is a road that leads to the Gites Seneque, originally the Convent San Nicolao, and the trail that climbs the hill to the Tour de Seneque, an ancient donjon in an imposing location.
The coast and the countryside is the main attraction in western Cap Corse, with lovely cliff views along the Mediterranean. Notable highlights on the west coast include the pretty little port at Centuri, to the north of Pino, and the village of Nonza, to the south of here. See also Cap Corse for more information about the peninsula.
You can find more travel ideas in the Corsica guide.
Map of Pino and places nearby
Visit near Pino with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Haute-Corse
Address: Pino, Capobianco, Bastia, Corsica, 20228, France || GPS: latitude 42.9089, longitude 9.3517
Plan your visit to Pino, Haute-Corse
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Eglise de Santa Maria Assunta (Canari): religious monument (7 km)
- Cap Corse: site of natural beauty (10 km)
- Chapel Saint Quilico (Olcani): religious monument (11 km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-des-Neiges d'Erbalunga (Bastia): religious monument (17 km)
- Bastia: town of art and history (24 km)
- Eglise de Santa Maria Assunta (Saint-Florent): religious monument (26 km)
- Eglise de San Michele (Murato): religious monument (36 km)
- Lama: ville fleurie 4* (40 km)
- Eglise de San Raineru (Montegrosso): religious monument (42 km)
- Eglise de San Parteo Mariana (Lucciana): religious monument (43 km)
- Cathédrale Santa Maria de l'Assomption (Lucciana): religious monument (43 km)
- Agriates Desert: site of natural beauty (44 km)
The French version of this page is at Pino (Francais)