Naturoptère, Vaucluse visitors guide
Visit Naturoptère, France
Today there is much talk of "biodiversity" and how necessary it is to protect the natural resources of the planet. Here at Naturoptère you can see, experience and learn about these resources.
The Naturoptère offers a direct approach, designed to enable everyone to experience the world of nature and insects.
With interactive exhibits and the chance to observe living species, the use of new technologies and themed areas, and also conference rooms and teaching rooms this is a place created to allow the world to be discovered from many different perspectives.
At Sérignan-du-Comtat, the chosen destination of the famous naturalist Jean-Henri Fabre, the Naturoptère is a unique place that is dedicated to the observation and knowledge of insects, plants and their environment.
Three permanent exhibitions consider a variety of topics, while a changing exhibition will show a plant / insect relationship and art exhibitions will also be presented.
Live insects in exhibitions and selected plants in a garden that is being built: this is the promise of this 1 000m2 building that has been built with a focus on environmental quality and bringing together the aesthetic and the useful, the ecological with the water cycle. We also incorporate a 'green' roof and careful orientation of openings...the Naturoptère is a pilot project for sustainable development.
You can find the Naturoptère at Sérignan-du-Comtat, a few kilometres north-east of Orange in the direction of Nyons.
Open every day except 1 January, Easter Day, 1 May and Christmas Day. Afternoons only on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays. Full price admission 5.50 euros.
See http://www.naturoptere.fr for more information.
Map of Naturoptère and places nearby
Visit near Naturoptère with France This Way reviews
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vaucluse
Plan your visit to Naturoptère, Vaucluse
Sightseeing & tourist attractions to visit nearby
- Orange Roman Theatre: heritage site (6 km)
- Seguret: most beautiful village (15 km)
- Dentelles de Montmirail: site of natural beauty (18 km)
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux): religious monument (19 km)
- Cathédrale Notre Dame de Nazareth (Vaison-la-Romaine): religious monument (20 km)
- Vaison-la-Romaine: town of art and history (20 km)
- Jardin du château de Brantes: remarkable garden (20 km)
- La Ferme aux crocodiles: zoo or wildlife park (22 km)
- Carpentras: town of art and history (22 km)
- Eglise de Saint Michel (La Garde-Adhemar): religious monument (24 km)
- Jardin des herbes: remarkable garden (24 km)
- Fort Saint-Andre: national monument (25 km)
The French version of this page is at Naturoptère (Francais)