Troyes tourism and travel guide
Visit Troyes: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: As well as one of the most impressive medieval quarters in France, Troyes also has important renaissance buildings, a cathedral, a Museum of Modern Art and lots of other highlights
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Troyes. For detailed visitor information see the Troyes travel guide.
Troyes is situated in the Aube department and Champagne-Ardenne region (now part of the Grand-Est region), in the north-east of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Aube department (general information: Troyes is 142 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Troyes include "town of art and history" and "secteur sauvegarde".
Troyes, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Troyes in Grand-Est.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Aube
Map of places to visit near Troyes
Markets in and near Troyes
Market days in Troyes: weekly market: Wednesday all day & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday;
- Troyes: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (0km)
- Sainte-Savine: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (3km)
- La Chapelle-Saint-Luc: market Wednesday & Sunday (3km)
- Lusigny-sur-Barse: market Saturday (14km)
- Piney: market Tuesday (19km)
- Estissac: market Sunday (21km)
- Arcis-sur-Aube: market Friday (26km)
- Mery-sur-Seine: market Saturday (27km)
- Chaource: market Monday (28km)
- Aix-en-Othe: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
More information about Troyes, Champagne-Ardenne
Tourist attractions near Troyes, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Troyes.
Regional Natural Parcs
- Foret-d'Orient (23km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (52km)
- Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (58km)
- Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (6km)
- Jardin du prieuré (31km)
- Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (45km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Lac d'Orient (19km)
- Lacs Amance et du Temple (29km)
- Forêt de la Traconne (51km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Nigloland (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Neuville-sur-Seine (38km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Troyes
from Troyes (prefecture): 1 km
from Paris: 142 km
from Calais: 335 km
from Nice: 567 km
from Bordeaux: 525 km
from Strasbourg: 272 km
For driving distances to Troyes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 17 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Barberey-Saint-Sulpice, Breviandes, Creney-Pres-Troyes, La Chapelle-Saint-Luc, La Riviere-de-Corps, Lavau, Les Noes-Pres-Troyes, Pont-Sainte-Marie, Rosieres-Pres-Troyes, Rouilly-Saint-Loup, Saint-Andre-les-Vergers, Saint-Germain, Saint-Julien-les-Villas, Saint-Parres-Aux-Tertres, Sainte-Maure, Sainte-Savine and Villechetif.
This page in French: Visiter Troyes