Nevers tourism and travel guide
Visit Nevers: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The ancient centre of Nevers contains several interesting monuments and houses dating from the 12th century
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Nevers. For detailed visitor information see the Nevers travel guide.
Nevers is situated in the Nievre department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Nievre department (general information: Nevers is 216 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Nevers include "town of art and history".
Nevers, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Nevers in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Nievre
Map of places to visit near Nevers
Markets in and near Nevers
Market days in Nevers: weekly market: Saturday all day;
- Nevers: market Saturday all day (0km)
- Fourchambault: market Sunday (6km)
- Sancoins: market Wednesday (26km)
- La Machine: market Saturday (26km)
- Decize: market Friday (29km)
- Lurcy-Levis: market Monday (34km)
- Baugy: market Friday (34km)
- Saint-Satur: market Thursday (45km)
- Dun-sur-Auron: market Saturday (47km)
- Corbigny: market Friday (49km)
More information about Nevers, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Nevers, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Nevers.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Apremont-sur-Allier (12km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Sancerre (45km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Germain (Blet) (34km)
- Prieuré de Saint Révérien (Saint-Reverien) (36km)
- Eglise de Saint André (Jussy-Champagne) (39km)
- Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (42km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Ygrande) (44km)
- Collegiale Saint Etienne (Dun-sur-Auron) (46km)
- Forgeneuve (3km)
- Parc floral d'Apremont (13km)
- Arboretum de Balaine (34km)
- Parc et jardin du château du Chatillon en Bazois (38km)
- Jardin du château de Limanton (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Foret de Troncais (51km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Pougues-les-Eaux (10km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Nevers
from Nevers (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 216 km
from Calais: 450 km
from Nice: 487 km
from Bordeaux: 375 km
from Strasbourg: 386 km
Nevers is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car or drive from a channel ferry port, operhaps Calais or Dunkirk at about 5 - 6 hours. For driving distances to Nevers from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visiter Nevers