Marmagne tourism and travel guide
Visit Marmagne: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Marmagne is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 60 kilometres from Dijon, the department capital (general information: Marmagne is 203 kilometres from Paris).
Attractions in Marmagne
The complex of buildings at the Abbey de Fontenay, and the surrounding gardens and woodlands, make this one of our favourite French abbeys: Fontenay Abbey
Tourist classifications for Marmagne include "heritage site".
Marmagne, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Marmagne in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Marmagne
Markets in and near Marmagne
- Montbard: market Friday (2km)
- Venarey-les-Laumes: market Wednesday (11km)
- Ancy-le-Franc: market Thursday (24km)
- Chatillon-sur-Seine: market Saturday (31km)
- Avallon: market Saturday (37km)
- Saulieu: market Saturday (39km)
- Tonnerre: market Saturday (39km)
- Les Riceys: market Thursday (40km)
- Mussy-sur-Seine: market Thursday (41km)
- Chablis: market Sunday (48km)
More information about Marmagne, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Marmagne, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Marmagne.
Grand sites of France
- Alesia (13km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Bussy-Rabutin Chateau (13km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Chatillon-sur-Seine (32km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Morvan (43km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Fontenay (Montbard) (2km)
- Basilique de Saint Andoche (Saulieu) (39km)
- Abbaye de Fontenay (3km)
- Potager du château de Lantilly (8km)
- Jardin du moulin de Athie (10km)
- Parc de Saint-Léger (42km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (50km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (52km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Siège d'Alésia (13km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Marmagne
from Dijon (prefecture): 60 km
from Paris: 203 km
from Calais: 413 km
from Nice: 490 km
from Bordeaux: 490 km
from Strasbourg: 273 km
Marmagne is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Marmagne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Benoisey, Courcelles-les-Montbard, Crepand, Fain-les-Montbard, Fresnes, Montbard, Montigny-Montfort, Saint-Remy, Seigny and Touillon.
This page in French: Visiter Marmagne