Le Havre tourism and travel guide
Visit Le Havre: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Le Havre centre is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, for the concrete city built after the destruction of the town in WW2
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Le Havre. For detailed visitor information see the Le Havre travel guide.
Le Havre is situated in the Seine-Maritime department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 73 kilometres from Rouen, the department capital (general information: Le Havre is 178 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Le Havre include "town of art and history" and "heritage site".
Le Havre, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Le Havre in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Seine-Maritime
Map of places to visit near Le Havre
Markets in and near Le Havre
Market days in Le Havre: weekly market: Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday;
- Le Havre: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (0km)
- Harfleur: market Sunday (7km)
- Montivilliers: market Thursday (9km)
- Honfleur: market Saturday (13km)
- Trouville: market Wednesday & Wednesday & Sunday & Sunday (14km)
- Deauville: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (15km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (18km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Friday (18km)
- Gonneville-la-Mallet: market Wednesday (18km)
- Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc: market Saturday (19km)
More information about Le Havre, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Le Havre, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Le Havre.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beuvron (36km)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (54km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Caen (Caen) (48km)
- Boutemont (36km)
- Jardin d'art et d'essais (42km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Falaises d'Etretat (25km)
- Cote d'Alabatre (36km)
- Pegasus Bridge (39km)
- Jardin des plantes de Caen (48km)
- Prairie (Caen) (49km)
Towns of Art and history
- Fecamp (36km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lisieux (38km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Le Havre
from Rouen (prefecture): 73 km
from Paris: 178 km
from Calais: 204 km
from Nice: 844 km
from Bordeaux: 520 km
from Strasbourg: 566 km
Le Havre is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, with Le Havre and Dieppe on the coast here being very convenient. For driving distances to Le Havre from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Le Havre