Ile-d'Yeu tourism and travel guide
Visit Ile-d'Yeu: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Explore the Ile d'Yeu on foot or by bike to see scenic coastline, beaches and a medieval castle
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Ile-d'Yeu. For detailed visitor information see the Ile-d'Yeu travel guide.
Ile-d'Yeu is situated in the Vendee department and Pays de la Loire region, in the west of France at 71 kilometres from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital (general information: Ile-d'Yeu is 423 kilometres from Paris).
Ile-d'Yeu, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Ile-d'Yeu in Pays de la Loire.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Vendee
Map of places to visit near Ile-d'Yeu
Markets in and near Ile-d'Yeu
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts: market Sunday (20km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts: market Wednesday & Saturday (23km)
- La Barre-de-Monts: market Saturday (24km)
- Barbatre: market Wednesday (28km)
- La Gueriniere: market Thursday & Sunday (29km)
- Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (31km)
- Beauvoir-sur-Mer: market Thursday (31km)
- Saint Gilles Croix de Vie: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (32km)
- Noirmoutier: market Tuesday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (33km)
- Challans: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (38km)
More information about Ile-d'Yeu, Pays de la Loire
Tourist attractions near Ile-d'Yeu, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Ile-d'Yeu.
Sites of natural beauty
- Fort de Pierre-Levée (0km)
- Port-Joinville (0km)
- Phare de l'île d'Yeu (3km)
- Vieux-château de l'Île d'Yeu (3km)
- Aérodrome de L'Île-d'Yeu (3km)
- Phare de la Pointe des Corbeaux (6km)
- Marais de Machecoul (50km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts (20km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts (23km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique des Sables-d'Olonne (52km)
- Planète sauvage (parc) (62km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Ile-d'Yeu
from La Roche-sur-Yon (prefecture): 71 km
from Paris: 423 km
from Calais: 561 km
from Nice: 824 km
from Bordeaux: 251 km
from Strasbourg: 783 km
Ile-d'Yeu is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to Ile-d'Yeu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have found no other towns and villages within
This page in French: Visiter Ile-d'Yeu