Honfleur tourism and travel guide
Visit Honfleur: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: There are lots of interesting things to see in Honfleur - if you can drag yourself away from the lovely harbour!
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Honfleur. For detailed visitor information see the Honfleur travel guide.
Honfleur is situated in the Calvados department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 51 kilometres from Caen, the department capital (general information: Honfleur is 166 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Honfleur include "recommended detour", "secteur sauvegarde" and "ville fleurie 4*". It is unusual for a town to have 3 awards, which indicates how important Honfleur is as a tourist destination!
Honfleur, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Honfleur in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Calvados
Map of places to visit near Honfleur
Markets in and near Honfleur
Market days in Honfleur: weekly market: Saturday;
- Honfleur: market Saturday (0km)
- Harfleur: market Sunday (10km)
- Beuzeville: market Tuesday (11km)
- Trouville: market Wednesday & Wednesday & Sunday & Sunday (12km)
- Le Havre: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday all day & Friday (13km)
- Deauville: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (13km)
- Montivilliers: market Thursday (14km)
- Pont-L'Eveque: market Monday (15km)
- Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc: market Saturday (15km)
- Blonville-sur-Mer: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (17km)
More information about Honfleur, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Honfleur, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Honfleur.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Beuvron (33km)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (41km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Pont-Audemer (22km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye de Jumièges (Jumieges) (42km)
- Abbaye de Caen (Caen) (50km)
- Boutemont (26km)
- Jardin d'art et d'essais (40km)
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (49km)
- Parc de Galleville (52km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Falaises d'Etretat (32km)
- Cote d'Alabatre (40km)
- Pegasus Bridge (42km)
- Jardin des plantes de Caen (51km)
- Prairie (Caen) (52km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Touques (13km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon (25km)
- Cabourg (29km)
- Autretot (44km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Lisieux (27km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Honfleur
from Caen (prefecture): 51 km
from Paris: 166 km
from Calais: 206 km
from Nice: 832 km
from Bordeaux: 513 km
from Strasbourg: 556 km
Honfleur is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car typically by ferry into Cherbourg or Caen on the Normandy coast For driving distances to Honfleur from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 9 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ablon, Barneville-la-Bertran, Equemauville, Fiquefleur-Equainville, Genneville, Gonneville-sur-Honfleur, La Riviere-Saint-Sauveur, Manneville-la-Raoult and Pennedepie.
This page in French: Visiter Honfleur