Dijon tourism and travel guide
Visit Dijon: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: There is a remarkable range of interesting historic sites in Dijon, perhaps our favourite among the Burgundy towns
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Dijon. For detailed visitor information see the Dijon travel guide.
Dijon is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Cote d'Or department (general information: Dijon is 263 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Dijon include "secteur sauvegarde", "town of art and history" and "ville fleurie 4*". It is unusual for a town to have 3 awards, which indicates how important Dijon is as a tourist destination!
Dijon, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Dijon in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Dijon
Markets in and near Dijon
Market days in Dijon: weekly market: Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday;
- Dijon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (0km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (4km)
- Longvic: market Sunday (5km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (22km)
- Pontailler-sur-Saone: market Saturday (28km)
- Auxonne: market Friday (30km)
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (36km)
- Bligny-sur-Ouche: market Wednesday (37km)
- Dole: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (43km)
- Gray: market Tuesday & Friday (44km)
More information about Dijon, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Dijon, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Dijon.
Grand sites of France
- Alesia (48km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Bussy-Rabutin Chateau (47km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (37km)
- Château d'Arcelot (13km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (23km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (27km)
- Jardin du château du Talmay (30km)
- Jardin à la Faulx (43km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Sully (55km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Dole (43km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Siège d'Alésia (47km)
- Cirque du Bout du Monde (48km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Quetigny (6km)
- Beaune (36km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Dijon
from Dijon (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 263 km
from Calais: 465 km
from Nice: 438 km
from Bordeaux: 514 km
from Strasbourg: 246 km
Dijon is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Dijon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Ahuy, Chenove, Daix, Hauteville-les-Dijon, Longvic, Marsannay-la-Cote, Neuilly-les-Dijon, Plombieres-les-Dijon, Quetigny, Ruffey-les-Echirey, Saint-Apollinaire, Sennecey-les-Dijon and Talant.
This page in French: Visiter Dijon