Chateauneuf-en-Auxois tourism and travel guide
Visit Chateauneuf-en-Auxois: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The village of Chateauneuf-sur-Auxois, one of the 'most beautiful villages in France', also has an interesting castle
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Chateauneuf-en-Auxois. For detailed visitor information see the Chateauneuf-en-Auxois travel guide.
Chateauneuf-en-Auxois is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 32 kilometres from Dijon, the department capital (general information: Chateauneuf-en-Auxois is 250 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Chateauneuf-en-Auxois include "most beautiful village".
Chateauneuf-en-Auxois, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chateauneuf-en-Auxois in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Chateauneuf-en-Auxois
Markets in and near Chateauneuf-en-Auxois
- Bligny-sur-Ouche: market Wednesday (13km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (25km)
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (26km)
- Epinac: market Wednesday & Sunday (27km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (29km)
- Saulieu: market Saturday (32km)
- Dijon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (32km)
- Longvic: market Sunday (33km)
- Chagny: market Thursday & Sunday (35km)
- Venarey-les-Laumes: market Wednesday (38km)
More information about Chateauneuf-en-Auxois, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chateauneuf-en-Auxois, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chateauneuf-en-Auxois.
Grand sites of France
- Alesia (38km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Flavigny (34km)
- Bussy-Rabutin Chateau (39km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Morvan (41km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (26km)
- Basilique de Saint Andoche (Saulieu) (32km)
- Cathédrale Saint Lazare (Autun) (40km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (6km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (10km)
- Parc et jardins du château de Sully (26km)
- Jardin de la Chaux (35km)
- Parc de Saint-Léger (38km)
- Potager du château de Lantilly (42km)
- Château d'Arcelot (45km)
- Jardin du moulin de Athie (49km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cirque du Bout du Monde (26km)
- Siège d'Alésia (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Beaune (26km)
- Quetigny (37km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chateauneuf-en-Auxois
from Dijon (prefecture): 32 km
from Paris: 250 km
from Calais: 462 km
from Nice: 441 km
from Bordeaux: 482 km
from Strasbourg: 277 km
Chateauneuf-en-Auxois is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Chateauneuf-en-Auxois from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 17 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Bouhey, Chaudenay-la-Ville, Chaudenay-le-Chateau, Chazilly, Colombier, Commarin, Creancey, Crugey, Cussy-le-Chatel, La Bussiere-sur-Ouche, Maconge, Montoillot, Rouvres-sous-Meilly, Sainte-Sabine, Semarey, Vandenesse-en-Auxois and Veuvey-sur-Ouche.
This page in French: Visiter Chateauneuf-en-Auxois