Chambery tourism and travel guide
Visit Chambery: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Chambery is a very lively university town which is very pleasant to visit and explore
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Chambery. For detailed visitor information see the Chambery travel guide.
Chambery is situated in the Savoie department and Rhone-Alpes region (now part of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region), in the east of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Savoie department (general information: Chambery is 454 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Chambery include "secteur sauvegarde" and "town of art and history".
Chambery, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chambery in Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Savoie
Map of places to visit near Chambery
Markets in and near Chambery
Market days in Chambery: weekly market: Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday;
- Chambery: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- Challes-les-Eaux: market Tuesday & Friday (6km)
- Novalaise: market Wednesday & Sunday (12km)
- Aix-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Saturday all day (14km)
- Saint-Pierre-d'Albigny: market Wednesday (18km)
- La Rochette: market Wednesday (19km)
- Le Pont-de-Beauvoisin: market Monday (20km)
- Lescheraines: market Tuesday - seasonal market only (21km)
- Le Chatelard: market Friday - seasonal market only (21km)
- Saint-Genix-sur-Guiers: market Wednesday (23km)
More information about Chambery, Rhone-Alpes
Tourist attractions near Chambery, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chambery.
- Aquarium du Lac du Bourget (14km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne (47km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Massif des Bauges (21km)
- Chartreuse (22km)
- Les jardins du Prieuré (10km)
- Parc du château du Touvet (23km)
- Jardin du musée Hébert (42km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Mont Granier (11km)
- Lac d'Annecy (38km)
- Roc de Chere (38km)
- Gorges du Fier (38km)
- Mont Veyrier (42km)
- Mont Jalla (43km)
- Col de la Croix-de-Fer (44km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Walibi Rhone Alpes (29km)
Towns of Art and history
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Nances (10km)
- Aix-les-Bains (14km)
- Morestel (37km)
- Saint-Gervais (53km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chambery
from Chambery (prefecture): 1 km
from Paris: 454 km
from Calais: 670 km
from Nice: 233 km
from Bordeaux: 515 km
from Strasbourg: 363 km
For driving distances to Chambery from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 19 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): Apremont, Barberaz, Barby, Bassens, Challes-les-Eaux, Cognin, Jacob-Bellecombette, La Motte-Servolex, La Ravoire, Montagnole, Myans, Saint-Alban-Leysse, Saint-Baldoph, Saint-Cassin, Saint-Jean-d'Arvey, Saint-Jeoire-Prieure, Sonnaz, Verel-Pragondran and Vimines.
This page in French: Visiter Chambery