Tende tourism and travel guide
Visit Tende: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Within the eastern Mercantour National Park, Tende is a very unspoiled and traditional mountain town with an extensive historic centre
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Tende. For detailed visitor information see the Tende travel guide.
Tende is situated in the Alpes-Maritimes department and Provence region, in the south-east of France at 50 kilometres from Nice, the department capital (general information: Tende is 665 kilometres from Paris).
Tende, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Tende in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Alpes-Maritimes
Map of places to visit near Tende
Markets in and near Tende
Market days in Tende: weekly market: Wednesday all day;
- Tende: market Wednesday all day (0km)
- Breil-sur-Roya: market Tuesday all day (17km)
- Menton: market Tuesday & Monday (35km)
- Carros: market Saturday (46km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Mer: market Saturday (47km)
- Villefranche-sur-Mer: market Saturday (48km)
- Nice: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (50km)
- Vence: market Tuesday & Friday (56km)
More information about Tende, Provence
Tourist attractions near Tende, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tende.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saorge Monastery (11km)
- Trophy of Augustus (40km)
- Serre de la Madone (35km)
- Palais Carnolès (35km)
- La citronneraie (35km)
- Arboretum Marcel Kroenlein (40km)
- Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild (48km)
- Jardin botanique (50km)
- Le Vallon du Brec (55km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cirque du Gelas (17km)
- Caires de Cougourde (21km)
- Col de la Lombarde (38km)
- Tete de Chien (42km)
- Cascade de Gairaut (47km)
- Baou de Saint-Jeannet (52km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique du Cap Ferrat (49km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Tende
from Nice (prefecture): 50 km
from Paris: 665 km
from Calais: 876 km
from Nice: 50 km
from Bordeaux: 654 km
from Strasbourg: 501 km
Tende is in the south-east of France. Most visitors fly into Nice airport. Coming from the UK by car the route takes about 12 hours (can be busy in summer). For driving distances to Tende from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 1 other places listed as being close (less than kilometres from ): La Brigue.
This page in French: Visiter Tende